Thursday, November 6, 2014

Recipe: Sweet Corn Spoon Bread


Sweet Corn Spoon Bread!


I have seriously been looking for this recipe for years and just had NO idea what the heck it was called. All I knew was that they served it at Mexican restaurants, you were given just a smidgen, and it was AWESOME! So again, scrolling thru Pinterest, where I find most of my recipes I ran across the recipe!

Ingredients
1 (8.5 oz) package of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1 (14.75 oz) can cream style corn
1 (15 oz) can of whole kernel corn, drained
1/2 cup of butter melted
1 cup of sour cream
3 eggs
1/2 tsp of salt



Preheat the oven at 375 degrees and lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick spray. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, and mix well. Pour the mixture into the dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes. It's so easy even I can't screw it up! This is a total "gather and heat" recipe.



In my oven it took more like 45 minutes after I had to cover it with foil and poke holes into it to get it to solidify in the middle. Granted, this dish is not healthy by ANY stretch of the imagination, but it's some serious comfort food! We paired it with this great Beef Enchilada Casserole and it was a total hit at our house! Mitch and I both went for seconds, and so did our neighbor Lisa. It was SO good! 


I hope this brings some warmth to your chillier fall evenings around the dinner tables with your families! 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I used to make spoon bread for you as a little one...I take it you don't remember. It is a great Virginia recipe. If you had told me you were looking for it, I could have provided it for you. Next time try to bake it in a bundt pan and you won't have to worry about the center getting backed through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe that's why I like it so much...repressed memories from my childhood! :) It really is one of my favorite indulgences! :)

    ReplyDelete