Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Project: Peaceful, Simple, and Rustic

So I'm on Instagram at least once a day to see what cool pictures are out there, to find inspiration, and just general noseyness with what's going on in picture land. I don't remember which Instagram person I follow that took a picture of the drawing, but I knew from the moment I saw it that I LOVED IT!  I loved it so much that I copied it to my phone, went downstairs, loaded it up onto my computer, printed it out, and knew that THIS image was going to be a favorite of mine of a long time. I know it is simple, and rustic, but it is peaceful, simple, and rustic. Just what I wanted without even knowing that this was what I was looking for. 

My copied image printed out.
The original picture that this image was placed on was on some very unfinished wood. It reminded me off pallet wood, or on the side of a barn somewhere. Simplistic in the message it conveyed. Your in the outdoors, where the sky, the hills, the trees, and the rivers meet. It's like Houghton.

4'' X 6'' Canvas
Today I needed some art therapy. I needed some time to get uncranky, to relax, to center on the inside, and less on the outside, to focus on something positive. Life gets in the way of a lot of my great plans, but today wasn't going to be one of those days.

Acrylic paint & a sponge brush
If you've had the pleasure to travel up to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (AKA the U.P.) These colors are really indicative of the surroundings up there. I get to see some great photos from my friends @Smilesbeek (Michael) and @Techspecs (Robert) along with @Aparket (Ashley) and many other Yoopers! If you want to check out some beautiful Northern Michigan scenery, follow their feeds. It's Northern Candy for your eyes. I know that @Rick_162 (Rick) would totally agree with me.

Yes, a Sharpie Marker
When time gets a little tight you become creative with your time restraints, and your solutions.
Sharpie Markers are great when you need black and you are too impatient to do this all by hand with black acrylic paint, and a wicked tiny paintbrush.

I'm pleased with it.
Now I get to have a little mini visual vacation when I look at this. It's small, and perfect.




2 comments: