Sunday, August 24, 2014

Our ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, more projects and Petapolooza!



In our house when I tell you that it's never a dull moment...I just don't say that to say it.
It was only a matter of time before we got called out for the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. Here it is in it's entirety. I'm still waiting to see mom and dad's video's, along with both Jen's.



With all that behind us we've been busy little bee's here at our house. These past few weeks I've been trying very hard to start "fall" cleaning. I even started cleaning the windows. I've said it before and I'll say it again, "I'm not really THAT kind of mom." I'm more of a crafty, lets work on projects that will bring us joy, and less of a "we need to have everything clean all the time" kinda mama. But, sometimes I reach my S.T.L. and have a wig out moment when the clutter is just too much to bear. This is where I find our house at the moment so it's time to start cleaning windows and taking care of all the projects that we should have kept an eye on five years ago. Like the back deck and the cement slabs.

See all that junk behind her...THAT'S what I'm talking about.

We just recently had this added because, well, we needed the space.

So with this said, it was only a matter of time before I had a wig out moment...I kinda think that the five year mark is my time frame. After five years of something, I start to want to get whatever it is DONE. So my hubby is an awesome man, and he lovingly agreed to help me work on my, "OMG! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE AROUND HERE!" Five year wig out moment.

Gotta teach them young that hard work pays off!

He said afterwards, "I really should have been wearing shoes."

I'm already starting to feel less anxious about this "space."

After 5 years, this is how NASTY this cement pad had gotten!

OMG! It's SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Once we got that all squared away and the wood moved to another place I'm starting to feel better about the girls having a safer, less messy place, to ride their bikes. It's like a Nascar track for littles! The best thing though, is since we took the training wheels off Roo's bike, at least she can get more confidence riding on here rather than tackling the street right now. That makes this mama VERY happy! And since we got this project done we had enough time to go to Petapolooza!


This little guy was half Border Collie and Blue Tick Healer, IF we ever get a dog, this is the kind of dog I would want. I have a love for Blue Tick Healers! 

NO, WE ARE NOT GETTING A DOG!

Seriously, someday this girl is going to be a Veterinarian!

I did tell everyone that IF and WHEN we ever got a new house then we could get a dog, but since we aren't moving for at least another year, the dog thing is still off the table. Granted, they are super cute, but the answer is still NO! We went out to support my bestie Jen (who I called out in the ALS challenge) she and her hubby Brad have a Bulldog named Frankie. We love Frankie!

Frankie the Bulldog!
And because we were there and they had food trucks we figured since it was close to lunch we'd go have a look. I have this total aversion to food trucks...but they had a DESSERT food truck and to me that's a TOTALLY different thing! It's dessert people! It's like my favorite thing EVER!

Seriously, I could probably eat this whole entire tray!

Look at the happiness!!!!

You seriously can not beat this!
This is a GREAT place for desserts! THE BEST DESSERTS I can ever remember having!
They put my baking to shame! SHAME I tell you!!!

Please check them out if you have a serious sweet tooth! The prices are great too!!!
I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend with your loved ones.












2 comments:

  1. Roo is rocking the wellies, dress and power washer! She going to feel right at home living near/ at Cold Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right! She can't wait to be a barn rat!!!

    ReplyDelete