Saturday, February 21, 2015

10 years and counting

 Today Mitch and I celebrate being together for the last 10 years.  It has been a wild ride to say the least, and 10 years, at least for me is a LONG TIME. In the big scheme of things, it's really not that long, but for me it's the biggest chunk of my life that I've spent with anyone besides my immediate family. For me, it's a big deal. We've been married for 8 years, but this 10 year mark is big too. It encompasses everything that we've accomplished together, and that's something that I am proud of.


In the last 10 years we've shared everything. We've shared 3 cats…and 4 cars…but we won't go there. 

Luna, the psychotic kitty, and pretty freakin' useless…
yes, that's a bunny, no, she didn't care.

Skittles and Chase, both great kitties! They really have added
to the family quite nicely!
We also over the last 10 years have built a family based on a great foundation that we learned from our parents. Hopefully instilling the life lessons that we learned from our parents, and passing it down to our daughters. I couldn't imagine our lives being any better really. We make awesome memories everyday. There's no special secret to our lives, just love, respect, honesty, and communication…that's it. Love is the big one though. Respect, honesty and communication come out of love.  I couldn't imagine a better person to share all of this with then Mitch.


Not to give him a big head, but he's become my knight in shining armor, and my rock. For him I am extremely grateful. Some wives don't share that with their husbands enough, so if you've got a good one, please let him know. Guys, even though they think they are tough, really need to hear that every once in a while too. Marriage becomes a balancing act of give and take. Give him a little ego boost! It'll do wonders for his self-esteem, and you'll feel amazing too. It's a great circle of positivity to start!

So take the time to go thank your significant other for their contribution to your life. I know my life wouldn't be the same without his constant support. He makes me a better person, just ask my sister. 

With all those things said, God willing, I hope to spend another amazing 50 years with this man. Here's to the man that makes my life SO much easier, and more wonderful than it has to be!
May luck smile on you all as it has smiled on me!




No comments:

Post a Comment