Tuesday, December 2, 2014

It's ALL about the experience

My mother is a HUGE fan of "the experience." In the last couple of years she has decided that for her grandchildren's birthday's that she was going to give them an experience as their gift. I must admit, I am a huge fan of it myself. Since we went to the Great White North for Thanksgiving, and we were ALL there, she wanted us to experience Houghton's Four Seasons Tea Room.

They've donned their hats...and we are off!
So what is a tea room without all the fancy hats? When I first told Soph that Grammie wanted to take us all to the Tea Room she was PSYCHED! I told her that Grammie had bought each of them proper attire for the Tea Room. Soph looked at me, without missing a beat marched right over to her dress up clothes, picked out her best purple hat, and told me she was set!

The menu for the day

Their full list of teas that are available.
I tried the Egyptian Chamomile, it was lovely. 
They have so many teas they don't all fit on the menu!

I found this totally awesome! Instructions on how to make any
Tea decaffeinated!
 
There are plenty of cozy tables in this lovely Tea Room, and we got to see lots of people from all walks of life. There were hats galore on shelves, and hanging on the walls, so if you failed to bring one yourself they were there to borrow so you could feel right at home. 

My tea cup, and my mom; makes my heart smile.

It's hard to keep little ones occupied, but the girls decided to write
Love Letters! 

Pinkies up!

Even Liam was having fun!

The Old Muppet Lady who greets everyone!

It's all about the experience and making memories that will
hopefully last a lifetime.

Lauren and Roo
In the end we ended up having Mac 'n Cheese, a great Potato Soup, and some sandwiches. Then after the main course the Tea Service was brought to the table with even more sandwiches, scones, puff pastries, more cookies, and goodies! Seriously we were stuffed to the gills after our great Tea adventure! They even are so sweet, they wrap up your left overs in foil, and turn them into delicate foil swans! Divine! They also have a gift shop in the front that will sell you the cutest tea stuffs you've seen this side of Lake Superior! After we were finished we waddled back to our car, ready for some Sheldon Street shopping, with mom following with the foil swans in hand! 

Even I found a great hat to borrow!
If you are ever stuck on the perfect gift for anyone, always give an "experience" a whirl. It's something different, and the memories are totally worth giving it a shot. We loved our afternoon Tea Room experience with Grammie. Wouldn't change it for the world! 

Thanks mom!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment