Sunday, September 14, 2014

Recipe: Hot Apple Cider


It was a beautiful foggy morning and I really wanted nothing more than some donuts and who doesn't like apple cider to go with your donuts?! If you haven't tried it, then I highly suggest you put that on your bucket list 'cause they are PRETTY DARN TASTY!


And so since we are still celebrating Sophie's birthday week we thought a trip the Dunkin' Donuts was totally in order.


Then once we had our fill of these sweet delicious treats Mitch asked if I wanted to make my annual Apple Cider to which I thought, "That was kinda what I had a hankerin' for this morning." So here is the following recipe for making Apple Cider. By the way, it will make your house smell incredible!


So you'll need to go to your closest grocery store and pick up a gallon or a half gallon of Apple Cider. In our house you just don't drink it like this, we doctor it to make it JUST right.



What you'll need:
2 oranges
2-4 lemons (this year I chose small lemons)
Before I start really prepping I give them a vinegar and water bath to get all the chemicals that might be on them off. I soak them for about 5-10 minutes.



You'll also need 3-4 cinnamon sticks and some whole cloves



If you don't have whole cloves you can just put a Tbsp of cloves into the cider.



Cut the oranges and the lemons and pop all the ingredients in the crock pot.



Once you've let that simmer on high for a good couple of hours then you'll be ready to take on those left over donuts from earlier in the morning. Note: I was kinda surprised we had any left too.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment