Saturday, June 13, 2015

38 years and counting

 On ones birthday you usually take a few minutes to step back and collect your thoughts about your previous lived years, at least I do. To take stock in your many lessons you've learned, the trials and tribulations you've been through, and the many blessings that have come into your life too. Today is my day to sit back, and reflect on the past 37 years, and this one is for certain, I am blessed. I am blessed beyond measure. I am blessed on so many levels, it's hard to believe. I am blessed to know so many GOOD people. I am blessed to be alive, in one piece, and a full functioning responsible adult. Some cannot say that, and for all for the many reasons I am alive, in one piece, and a responsible adult… I am extremely grateful. 


Today I am also lucky to have lived through some crazy ups and downs emotionally, spiritually, and physically. To come out of that with my dignity still in tact was no small feat!

I am married to a WONDERFUL and AWESOME spouse who truly gets me. Who doesn't take me for granted, provides me with the utmost respect, communicates with me on every subject, trusts me beyond measure, and gave me the best gifts a girl could ask for…three beautiful, healthy, semi-responsible, hilariously funny, and talented little girls who help me grow into the best possible version of myself that I am meant to be everyday of my life. It doesn't get better than that.

I am blessed to be friends and acquaintances with so many people, many more than I ever would have imagined. If you would have told me back in grade school that I'd have more than one friend I would have been shocked, and thought you were trying to sell me something. 

I am blessed with talents that in the future I plan to put to good use. Today I received so many awesome gifts to help me get started on some new projects that I don't know what I want to start first. It's like Christmas morning without the cold weather. Sometimes I wish there were more hours in the day so that I could create and create and create some more!


I am so blessed that today I received beautiful snail mail from my girlfriend in Texas! Seriously, it's was such an awesome surprise, and what great timing she has! 


Tonight I got to spend time with some of my closest loved ones and ate magnificent Thai Food! Life really doesn't get much better than great food, with great friends, living a great life! 


We all watch out for each other, even if it's just crossing the road. In this life we have a lot of "just crossing the road" moments and it's good that we look out for each other.


I even got my birthday cake! Totally blessed again that my sister remembered to buy one!


One more thing before I go… some advice from the Happy Squirrel. 
I believe this sums up how I feel about so many things in my life, especially my next 38 years.

Lighten up. Do not take yourself, or anything, too seriously. There are no simple answers, life is very complicated, and the most important thing is to take joy in the journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment