Thursday, September 3, 2015

Busy Bee


What can I say, I'm a bad blogger. I confess that I've been busy living; busy creating memories, and getting ready for the Houghton Craft Show at the end of September.
If you've ever owned a business you know that building up inventory takes awhile.
I've had a lot of Try.Fail.Learn.Repeats lately. All good artists do.
BUT…..


School started for the girls and I'm happy to announce that we are all surviving. I'm totally thrilled that I get an extra 6 hours a week of ME time. I know that sounds selfish, but I need a little me time. Every sane parent does.


We've also had picnics in the living room when it was too wet to do it outside.


Mitch and I had a date night, the first in A LONG TIME! The Japanese Lantern Festival did not disappoint in the slightest! Seriously folks, it was AMAZING!


So as I neglect the blog, know that I"m busy doing other things like making ornaments. I confess, I'm an ornament making addict. It's bad. I could have been an elf in a past life without a problem.


Making Lego Crayons to sell takes up a lot of time, but….


in the mornings while I work on them I get visited by hummingbirds! Truck loads of them. I've got a great thing going here. I really do!


These two….heck, all three of my girls are growing up too fast before my eyes! It amazes me everyday how much they grow, change, and create themselves every single day. They make me a better person, because they stretch me out of my comfort zone with their tempers, their whining, their arguments, and the drama. One day I pray that they will grow up to love and cherish each other. Today I'm blessed if there are no tears. Being a stay at home mom is not for the faint of heart. I've learned to really appreciate what one goes thru. 


I still miss my parents everyday, but that isn't anything new. It's nice though, that they still think of me, still include me in their lives by sending me pictures of what they are doing. You can follow them too on mom's blog if you are interested. Her blog is: http://womenofcoldcomfortfarm.blogspot.com


They keep me dreaming…they keep me motivated too by showing me that even though they are retired they haven't stopped living life. Instead they get out of their comfort zones too everyday and make their world, and others a better place to be. I have aspirations of following in their footsteps one day, but one thing at a time. Now it's time to get the girls off to school. Meet you all on the flip side!


No comments:

Post a Comment