Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Charity: Violence Prevention Center in Belleville


Every six to eight months I like to go through my closets and get rid of the clothes I am not currently wearing. If I ask my children to get rid of their belongings, and clothes to donate, why should I be any different? Since I've lost my job I've taken this time at  home to spring clean a lot of the space that we currently are not using, probably won't use often in the future, and just doing an overall sweep of the house to declutter everything. I didn't ever notice how seriously cluttered our house was until I had to live in it 24/7! Our house is never "dirty" just cluttered like crazy!

So for the past couple of years I've donated to the Violence Prevention Center in Belleville AKA The Battered Woman's Shelter. It really is a great charity to support if you have the time to drive to Belleville to drop off donations. The sign outback says they take donations Tuesday-Saturday, but I drove the 40 minutes there this last Monday, and they were kind enough to let me donate a ton of clothes! Please visit their link below.



So this space lives in our laundry room, and seriously it's not been this empty since we put up the shelving unit you see here almost eight years ago. Our house is far from being totally clutter free, but sometimes you have to take the first step in your journey to get to where you eventually want to be!

It's getting there…slowly.

There's a huge box underneath all of these!

The staff that volunteers there really are amazing. They are sweet and accommodating even when I didn't know the drop off days and times. Also they have a Shelter Shop where you can purchase merchandise to also help them raise money to raise awareness. Please, if you have the time, and have anything to donate to them, feel free to help this cause! It truly is a great one! 


No comments:

Post a Comment